Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Blog 3 Tri 2

I just started reading Ender's Game by Orson Scott Caro. Even though I'm not that far into it, it is a very interesting book overall. It has a futuristic setting and their are things that are very different then what we have from society today.

Ender is 8 years old, and he just recently had a chip removed from the back of his neck. This chip allowed someone from the government to look over him constantly and see what he was doing from his point of view. The government removed this chip when they felt like the kid could function without needing someone to watch over them. Ender is the 3rd of 3 kids in his family. His older brother is a really big jerk and bullies Ender for having the chip when he is 8, because most kids get there's out a lot earlier than that. Ender also has a sister that tries to protect him, but the older brother is too big for both of them so she can't do anything about it.

I think in their society fighting is allowed, but with some rules. Like you can't hurt someone when their on the ground because that's what animals do, and humans aren't animals. But also because Ender was getting picked on by a group of kids and he beat up the leader of the group and he didn't get in trouble for it. Also Ender and his brother play games around the house that has them fight a lot and hurt each other and nobody cares.
The cover of the movie made about Ender's Game.

This book is very interesting so far, and I'm excited to get farther into the book as I keep reading.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a really interesting book! The movie looks really cool too. I would definitely read this. I like how you give your own opinion about what is going on in the book.

    ReplyDelete