Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Blog 4 Tri 2

This week I'll blog about Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. I have finished part 1 of the book and it is very interesting so far. I like the futuristic society setting and how the setting really contributes to the story.

The setting contributes to the story because the society controls everything that they do. It controls the jobs that you can have and it doesn't let you read books.If they were aloud to read books and the firemen still burned the ones that people didn't want then Montag would have had the books legally, instead of having his house burnt because it wouldn't be a crime to have the books in his possession. It would have also killed Montag's curiosity towards the books.

The setting of the book is a very big part in the book, and is the reason that Montag doesn't have a house anymore and might not be able to be a fireman anymore.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that the setting of Fahrenheit 451 is a big part of the book but i don't think that the reason he doesn't have a house is because of the setting. I think it is because Mildred told Captain Beatty that Montag had books in his house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Nice to see you interact with other bloggers!! Come back anytime!! 8--)

    ReplyDelete