Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Blog 1 Tri 2

My book that I am currently reading is The Life you Imagine by Derek Jeter. I am almost done with the book and will be soon.

Right now in the book, he talks about how you need to be a leader in life, but you also need to follow leaders too. You don't always have to be THAT guy, but you do need to be a leader too. He explains in his life that he has followed different leaders in his life and that he is a leader now, and has been in his life up to this point.

I consider Derek a very big leader in many different ways to many different people. He leads his professional baseball team, the New York Yankees, but he also leads little things. By hosting a charity event or having a team dinner. He leads his family, his team, and really anyone who looks up to him in life. Most look at him as being THAT guy, but he also steps back and let's others lead too. He explains that he did this a lot when he was younger and was still learning how to play baseball and in school. Derek is a great role model, and a very stong leader. I look forward to finishing the book soon and starting a new one.

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do - and I believe that.
This is a quote by Derek, about leading the way, and hardwork. Thats something that Derek believes and what he also leads by.

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/d/derek_jeter.html#vYbAJhT16jSI5iLy.99

No comments:

Post a Comment