| This is a picture of the Kalamazoo Maroons, the travel team that Derek played on. |
So far in the book, it has me asking some questions, like, why did he play basketball? Why did he tryout for a travel baseball team? Will he win state for baseball? There are also a lot more.
I predict that he will win state for baseball, because he was so good, that he would put the team on his back, and lead them to win. I can relate to this feeling of trying to lead your team through a long tournament, because of high school soccer, and other tournaments that I have played in with my teams.
I infer that he played for a travel baseball team, so that he could travel across the nation playing and getting more exposure, because he wanted to play professional baseball. Many others have done this in baseball and other sports. Some even quit playing high school so that they can travel around 24/7 and play across the country. Personally, I think thats crazy, but if you want to go pro that bad, I can see why someone would want to do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment