Thursday, October 17, 2013

Blog 11

Derek eventully starts to talk about his dad, and how he used to be very good at baseball too. He explains how this is a reason for why he is so good, and he is where he is today. Derek's dad could have been a pro player too, Derek says, and the only reason why he didn't go pro, was becuase he didn't have the exposure and the determination to get to where he wanted to go. His parents didn't sugarcoat what he was going to have to do to play professional baseball, they were very realistic with him, and made sure that he was serious about putting hard-work in, and being fully committed to becoming a spectacular baseball player. When Derek speaks to kids and to schools, he doesn't tell them that the road was easy and that he got their on pure talent, he tells them the truth, and how hard it was for him to go pro. Explaining that he had to out in hard-work and a lot of hours to get where he needed to be. This was because his dad supported him, and pushed him the right amount so that he would get better, and succed. His dad was like this, because Derek's dad, didn't have a dad. He explains that this is another reason for why he didn't make it father than college baseball. Derek's dad learned how to be a dad, becuase he didn't have a dad. If that makes any sense. But, im happy that Derek explains that the road wasn't easy and how his dad supported him through the way.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Joseph. This blog really caught my eye. I like how you described everything so well about Derek Jeter. Especially when you talked about his relationship with his parents and when his dad could've gone to the pros. I can see that this book teaches a lot about life lessons from your blog. For example some would be, be commited to it, practice makes perfect, hard work pays off, and many more. After reading this blog post, it has really made me want to read this book since I like sports and I like baseball. The only thing I would have changed for this blog post would be to make it more visually appealing and not one big block of text . But overall I think you did a great job. I definitly want to read this book. I see that you like sports books, so I recommend reading books by Mike Lupica because he writes tons of great books about sports.

    ReplyDelete