| Derek, going back to his highschool, to speak at an assembly. |
Thursday, October 10, 2013
Blog 10
When Derek made his travel baseball team, he was a sophomore. I guess this baseball team was college and under, becuase he says he was the youngest ever to make the team, and that he was starting with other college kids.
He explains that when he made the team, there was this college junior, who played short-stop, like Derek. The Maroons coach, moved him over to second base, so that Derek could start where he wanted. He explains that the junior was fine with it, even though he was a lot older, and had been on the team for 3 years now. If I was Derek, I would be very glad that he was fine with it and didn't hold a grudge. But, if I was the junior in college, I would be furious that the coach made me move for a highschool sophomore, even if he might be good. Derek says that he was very grateful for him to be okay with the move, and that he might not have made it where he is today if he didn't get that starting spot, at short-stop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like how you explain how Jeter's life was in the past before his baseball career. I also like the background you chose and made the blog look very appealing. Great job!
ReplyDelete